By law, LTSA staff are not permitted to provide legal advice or assist in completing forms. If you require assistance, please contact a legal professional who can give you advice on compliance with these statutory forms and related matters.
Online forms for LOTR are available to legal professionals in myLTSA Enterprise. A transparency declaration and transparency report must be completed and filed electronically in myLTSA by a legal professional. The below paper/offline forms for the transparency declaration and transparency report cannot be filed electronically.
Once a reporting body has filed a transparency report, there are some ongoing requirements under LOTA.
The below paper/offline versions of a transparency declaration and transparency report can only be filed in limited circumstances where manual filing is permitted, i.e., where transparency records are required to be filed with a land title application and the land title application is not filed electronically.
- Transparency declaration (paper/offline form)
- Example of a completed paper/offline transparency declaration for individuals who are not a reporting body (including transmission to surviving joint tenant and executor/administrator applications)
- Transparency report (paper/offline form)
The below forms are required to be submitted online in myLTSA. An Enterprise account must be used for legal professionals and an Explorer account must be used for individuals. The only exception to this is for applications under section 40 where filing electronically would create an undue hardship. In those cases, the applicant must contact the Administrator to request a paper form for the application.
- Notice to the Administrator under section 17.1 (Corporation)
- Notice to the Administrator under section 17.1 (Partnership)
- Notice to the Administrator under section 17.1 (Trust)
- Application to Omit Information if Health or Safety at Risk under section 40 (Interest Holder or Settlor)
- Application to Omit Information if Health or Safety at Risk under section 40 (Individual who is a Reporting Body)
- Application to Correct or Change Information under section 42 (Corporation)
- Application to Correct or Change Information under section 42 (Individual)
Samples of Completed Transparency Records
Sample of completed Transparency declarations and transparency reports filed under Part 2 of LOTA Transparency Declarations and Transparency Reports. transparency records for a Relevant Corporation
Sample of completed Transparency declarations and transparency reports filed under Part 2 of LOTA Transparency Declarations and Transparency Reports. transparency records for a Relevant Trust
The following short introduction provides an overview on LOTR and how it is applied:
In the LOTA Policy Webinar, you will learn more about the Land Owner Transparency Act and how it is administered. The following LOTA Policy Webinar was recorded on October 28, 2020:
Download the slide deck for the LOTR Policy Webinar
In the LOTR System Webinar, you will learn how to complete and file a transparency declaration and a transparency report to LOTR using myLTSA. The following LOTR System Webinar was recorded on November 3, 2020: